An OEM manufacturer within our network is looking to test the capabilities of external assemblers. Due to an influx of high-priority deliverables, their current resources are being allocated to other product lines. Our client has prepared a small assembly run for performance evaluation and compensation.
The client is looking for 30 units to be assembled. The design and BOM has already been confirmed. They do not have resources to assemble these units any longer and are looking for a third-party contracted assembler.
1. The client will obtain all components of the BOM for a specific number of builds(30).
a. Circuit boards will either be from current supplier or need to be sourced from a new supplier.This can potentially affect production time and final delivery date.
2. The complete stock of components will be shipped to the selected assembly house as well as the assembly manual and any other necessary documentation.
3. Assembly house will make one machine, do preliminary testing, and ship to client for validation.
4. Client will test unit for all required features, tolerances, and manufacturing quality, and reliability.
5. Upon verification of approved first unit, client will decide who will perform QC on remaining units and production will begin for remainder of order.
6. Client’s receipt of all approved units for the ordered specification will dictate the end of this project
Applicants must be able to assemble sheet metal components, roller assemblies, motors, wiring, sub-circuits, press bushings, and make electrical connections.
The first unit must be completed in a timely manner for client inspection and testing.
Assembly line techniques for up to 50 units is a plus.
There will be no modification of existing components, materials, or assembly methods.
It is a must to follow current assembly documentation for consistency of build quality to existing product line.
While any modifications will be rejected, documenting improvement proposals is desired.
Stage 1: TBD
Stage 2: TBD
Single (1) unit of tape dispenser assembled for quality control and testing
Unit must be assembled to provided instructions and BOM
Remaining units (29) of tape dispenser assembled for quality control and testing
Unit must be assembled to provided instructions and BOM.
Initial testing of completed unit must be performed by applicant to ensure all requirements have been met.
Pre-test of initial unit will be in pass/fail format by quality control or other party at manufacturer and include tester name and date for unit certification.
This unit will then be sent to the client to perform their in house testing and analysis procedures to validate.
Final testing procedures for bulk of units will be in pass/fail format by quality control or other party at manufacturer and include tester name and date for unit certification.
Please take a moment to review our terms and agreement.